Friday, November 7, 2008

"The world is spinning way too fast..."

Until this year I hadn't realized (or maybe it just wasn't a problem last year) that so many people in college are still acting like they are in high school. Or worse yet, pretending that because they on their own they've matured. Sometimes I feel like I'm older than some of the seniors, not to mention the people in my own class. I mean I like to have fun and act crazy, you know that, but there just comes a point where you use your own better judgment. Also this year, our theatre department has become a lot more rumor driven and caddy. Ugh. I'm glad I have friends outside the department.


Aaaaaand, done ranting.

So we're going into tech for Urinetown this weekend. Getting kinda stressed as assistant lighting designer seeing as every other day we have a problem with our dimmers or circuits, or the fun event on Halloween when the mover stopped working (its fixed now-yay). Also, loads of projects...which is annoying since they are in theatre classes and we have a show opening, but oh well. Having fun in stage make-up, looking like something new everyday.

Went to the show at UNI with mike & avery, The Hush Sound played first and were suprisingly good live, so that made me happy. The Spill Canvas, 4th time seeing them, grrreat as usual. I was glad they didn't just play catchy songs to entertain the general college population. Sadly Augustana was unable to play last minute since the lead singer got hurt. OneRepublic was the headliner, and honestly it's only lately that I've gotten into them. A-mazing live, very impressive. So all in all a fun experience, though the guys and I kept observing light and audio FX. Ha, don't put an audio guy and two electricians at a show and expect us to not find every little thing wrong and praise the things that look and sound great.

Just signed up for classes, and it's looking like a lot of work what with Sound Design, Intro to Design, and Seminar in Adv. Design Stage Properties/Special FX. Yikes. Not to mention 3 more classes.

1 comment:

Suzuka said...

I hope that we first-years aren't contributing to your general disappointment with the department :( I try not to be annoying, but I know I can be at times...

What other classes are you planning on taking?