Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble

So hey look at this, twice in a month!
Anyway happy turkey day...I hope everyone is nice and stuffed at this moment.
So, updates. Urinetown went fairly well. Yay that it's over though. Some Girl(s) is going up this coming week, which probably won't be too stressful considering there is next to no set.
Hopefully getting an SLR soon, have to decide for sure which one I want. Also in photo news, I'm excited for the Digital Photo/Art of the Narrative class next semester.
So right now I'm sitting at home, watching Disney movies with my sister. Exciting I know, but I'm also working on a paper that has taken me forever and a day for some reason. It is on Howl's Moving Castle. I actually love the movie but find the book less than thrilling, which is strange, usually I love the book more. If you haven't seen it I recommend it highly.
Also did my design for my make-up final. Woot, it's turning out a lot better than I thought it would. Perhaps I'll be ambitious and do my painting-style design too.
Last night we went to Wicked again. That was cool. I think I actually liked the cast as a whole better besides Fiyero. His voice was awkwardly high. Good actor...voice just didn't fit. Technically the show is amazing. I spent most of my time figuring out the lights haha and without realizing it. There were a lot fewer mic problems this time around which made me happy. It's nice to hear someone singing in their highest register without the mic making obscene sounds. Haha Mike would have loved it.

Anyways writing: this is from poetry class last semester, I think I did this while watching a movie or something, because I just found it and don't remember writing it...ha oh well the professor liked it.

20 Questions

As cruel as the color of the sky after a storm,
Across, across the open.
But the damp grass, freshly cut seems far and out of reach.
Your hands run through the dewy blades,
A blooming lotus finds its way to your touch
That same caressing touch,
Found in the tangled web of a lovers’ soft nest.
The solid bundle sits under the stairs,
Look up at the ceiling and see a collage of unsightly posters.
Understood your crass statement as affection,
And it only fanned the flame, sparks bouncing off the walls.
And you try, you go, you finally cry out “victory!” and it’s done.
The squawk you just exerted cut short.
I bit down, and licked the blood flowing down my lips,
My lips that are cracked like eggshells.
And you, still wanting, perhaps wondering,
and still chasing a playful, most willing, cloud.

No comments: