Friday, June 13, 2008

People are strange, when you're a stranger

I suppose me doing this everyday might get a bit old, but I have to say, things are turning out strangely. The world is strange and so are the people in it.
Sometimes strange is good. I'm looking forward to seeing what is in store.

Confused? Yea, me too.

This is old:

Tonight

Tonight the world ended.
Lights went out.
Smothered.
Tonight the stars burned out.
My path is now lit only by the faint moonlight.
The easiest way to forgive is to forget.
I hope that’s not true.
Tonight makes me cry,
it makes the day look different.
It makes everything and everyone look different.
As much as I think everyone needs change,
this perspective of life has me trembling,
whether from excitement or sadness I can’t tell.
Tonight is frightening and yet it is almost self-inflicted fear.
Nearly there but can’t make it.
Writing is easy when you feel you have no words.
Tonight the earth got spun of its track.
Spiraling through space is scarier than it seems.
Tonight I retained a friend.
Tonight my heart stopped.
Tonight I fell through darkness and when I awoke,
there was still black.
Tonight I can see someone with a candle walking this way.
They are still very far away.
So tonight I think I’ll sit down and wait for them.



No comments: