Saturday, June 14, 2008

Stop Floooooding

Today started out rough, ended fairly happily. That's always good, better than the other way around right? Other than getting sick and having to leave work early, most things were fine. Storming again tonight, what else is new. Of course me being sooo intelligent, I was still sitting out on our trampoline when the lightning started. Sheesh.

So to everyone still in Iowa, stay safe. mmmmk?

So tomorrow, Father's Day...wooo....see how excited I am to play golf? It will be alright, I just haven't played in about a year. Plus the whole actually getting up in the morning thing...lame. Ah, but then to be followed by a glorious lunch, with real homemade food! It's strange, but even though I've been home for almost a week, I have yet to eat a home cooked dinner, or really be home for dinner at all. Ooo and this is for the theatre people: Tony Awards, tomorrow 7pm, who's excited?
Sadly, I am.
And so on to the part where I share. (old also)

Trickery

A dangling thread, a temptation.
A tug, a crash.
It winds around, through, over, under and out.
Nothing can be done to untangle.
Nothing logical.
Nothing ethical.
This teasing string isn’t easy to explain.
Is it love, emotions, thought?
A ribbon of secrecy, floating, twisting, falling gracefully.
“Why does this enthrall you so?
Leave well enough alone.”
You’ve been given this advice all along, but should it be disregarded?
Are you sure it’s something you want to know just for the sake of knowing?
Too late.
It’s being blown out of your grasp anyways.
Learn to jump higher.



No comments: