Monday, June 30, 2008

short and sweet

Wow, so it's been awhile. It's been weird for the past couple days, since my sister left on saturday for her friends cabin, she's going to be gone at various camps for basically the whole month of july. I haven't been treated like an only child in so long...and I don't know if i like it. I mean, you get more attention, but also, I don't want attention. There's only you to focus on, ick.
But hey, birthday in about a week..that should be fun, last teen year, but not really any new benefits.
Oo and today I managed to sell my textbooks, not to drake though, i'm not stupid enough to take like 5 bucks for a book that cost over 100. makes me happy to get money back for books that I refused to open ever again. take that drake journalism school. I rid myself of your tedious bullshit. ha I'm not actually that bitter, I just hate unnecessary work.
Anyways, just a little snippet for today:



And apart from flaking skin falling silent as snow,

the playground is still.
Silly, but this place calms me like a scared second-grader.
Any qualms left in my greasy lungs are quieted by the deserted swings,
swaying in a sweaty breeze.

No comments: